I continue to be bemused by the organization of this book. The topics just seem...random. In this section, we range from how to develop a territory, followed by a sample dungeon, a long example of actual play, how to build things, what to do with asshole players, and how to convert your game to Gamma World and Boot Hill. A lot going on here, to say the least. My favorite part of this chunk was the NPC generator: you just start rolling on all these tables, and a personality begins to emerge. As I have played these game longer, I have come to respect randomness as a primer for imagination. Just by rolling dice, I came up with a concept for a guy who was a bit like Arthur Rimbaud: wealthy, world-weary, a bit gross, and a lot annoying. Fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 August 2026 DM's Guide: Creating Magic Items, Magic Items, and the Appendices (pg. 114-230)
Finished. The last part of the book lent itself to some skimming as there are many, many tables and a long section of alphabetic...
-
After a long period of hectoring gentle suggestion by my brother, I finally purchased the Foundry VTT system, as well as the Forge......
-
12 June 2025 Underdark Hexcrawl This is complicated. Since re-discovering Gygax's wilderness hex crawl generator in the DMG from ba...
-
Due to logistics--people travelling for work, vacations, Bruins play off games--we haven't been able to get the DCC S&S game up and...
No comments:
Post a Comment